1. You just know. Describing how a soulmate makes you feel is difficult. It’s a tenacious, profound, and blissfully lingering emotion that no words can encompass.
2. Flashbacks. If your partner is your soulmate, chances are he or she has been present in at least one of your past lives. Soulmates often choose to come back together during the same lifetime and scope each other out in the big world. You might suddenly and briefly experience flashbacks of your soulmate. You might even feel an odd sense of déjà vu, as if the moment in time has already taken place, perhaps a long time ago, perhaps in a different setting.
3. You just ‘get’ each other. Ever met two partners who finish each other’s sentences? Some people call that spending too much time together, but it’s the sign of a soulmate connection. You might experience this with your best friend or your mother, but it is the telltale sign of a soulmate when you experience it with your romantic partner.
4. You fall in love with his or her flaws. No relationship is perfect, and even soulmate relationships will experience ups and downs. Still, that bond will be much harder to break. Soulmates have an easier time of tolerating, even learning to love, each other’s imperfections. Your relationship is more likely to be a soulmate match if you both love each other exactly as you each are, accepting both the great and awful tendencies we all have.
5. It’s intense. A soulmate relationship may be more intense than normal relationships, in both good and sometimes bad ways. The most impor tant thing is that, even during negative episodes, you’re focused on resolving the problem and can see beyond the difficult moment.
6. It feels like ‘you and me against the world’. Soulmates often see their relationship as ‘us against the world’. This doesn’t mean they isolate themselves from others, but that they feel so linked together that they’re ready and willing to take on any feat of life, so long as they are at each other’s side.
7. You are mentally inseparable. Soulmates often have a mental connection similar to the kind twins have with each other. They might pick up the phone to call each other at the exact same time. They often can intuit when something is wrong with the other, even when they are miles apart. Though you may be at a distance, your minds will always be in tune if you are soulmates.
8. You feel secure and protected. Regardless of the gender of your partner, he or she should always make you feel secure and protected. This means that if you’re a heterosexual man, yes, your woman should make you feel protected, too! Your soulmate will make you feel like you have a guardian angel by your side. A person who plays on your insecurities, whether consciously or subconsciously, is most certainly not your soulmate.
9. You can’t imagine your life without him (or her). A soulmate is not someone you can walk away from that easily. It is someone you can’t imagine being without, a person you firmly believe is worth sticking with and fighting for.
10. You look each other in the eye. Soulmates have a tendency to look into each other’s eyes when speaking more often than ordinar y couples do; they almost ‘read’ each other this way. It comes naturally from the deep-seated connection between them. Looking a person in the eye when speaking denotes a high level of comfort and confidence in them.
Dr. Carmen Harra, PhD & Alexandra Harra
Who is Dr. Carmen Harra, PhD & Alexandra Harra
Carmen Harra, PhD, is a licensed clinical psychologist, intuitive counsellor, and author of seven books, including ‘The Karma Queens’ Guide to Relationships’ and the bestselling ‘Everyday Karma’. Her daughter Alexandra Harra is a certified life coach, and a regular contributor to The Huffington Post and to RelationshipHeadquarters.com. Carmen says there are practical ways to meet the challenges of resolving the karma that causes our relationships to become complicated and painful. In their new book, The Karma Queens reveal the secret to transforming the karma in all of our relationships with lovers, spouses, family and friends.